Or do you have a lot of careers and jump around between them?
I was in the “lots of careers” category and jumped around between them (and different aircraft types of course) depending on my mood, which WW1 aviation book I am currently reading, etc. This (bad) habit of mine is causing me problems.

Switching between an Se5, then a Dr.1, then a Brisfit, and on, makes me sort of a “jack of all trades, master of none” as it takes multiple missions to get the hang of an aircrafts quirks and performance - and normally I pay the (fatal) price before then especially in the high octane world of 1918 as I now look at the smoking crater of my Dr.1.
Bad landing (near the crowded landscape of Douai) after engine damage I didn’t really realize I had but still. By the time I discovered I had to land I was low over the city. Didn’t realize it because I hadn’t flown the Dr.1 in a while and wasn’t in-tune with the engine sounds.

So I think I am going to purge careers, re-roll one, and stick with it thru thick and thin (or death) then rinse, repeat with another single career - maybe the same plane or perhaps another.

How do you play? One career at a time or do you jump around?