Hi all,
I thought you might like to see my latest 1:32 scale model (my 12th), which is the Fokker E.V flown by Hans Goerth whilst serving with MJF III in 1918.

The model is the fairly recent release from MicroMir and although updated by them, still leaves a lot of corrections and modifications by the modeller to bring the end result up to standard. During this build I replaced the kit supplied cockpit side frames, pilot seat support frame, pilot step, ground crew grab handles, undercarriage struts and wing support struts with scratch built versions, made from Brass micro-tube and solid rod. The wing support struts and the undercarriage struts were made with an aerofoil section and reinforced internally with solid brass rod. They were fitted to the model without using the ‘Pheon’ supplied jig that came as part of their decal set. The engine was replaced by the ‘Roden’ version and the two machine guns by ‘Gaspatch’ equivalents, whose turnbuckles were also used. The pilot figure is from 'Copper State Models' and ‘Aviattic’ supplied the lozenge decals. The access panel wingnuts and Fokker type fasteners were from 'Taurus Models'.

As usual I have compiled a comprehensive build log in Adobe PDF format. It includes step by step build details, supported by colour photographs and also covers the kit corrections and modifications as well some information on the pilot and aircraft. It can be viewed and/or downloaded from the linked Fokker E.V images here:

http://igavh2.xara.hosting/index.htm

My next model will be the Wingnut Wings Sopwith Pup (RFC version).

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Sandbagger; 02/12/18 08:44 AM.

[Linked Image]

Alienware Aurora R5
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7-6700K 4.2Ghz
Two GTX 1080 Foundations in SLI (8 Gig each)
32 Gig DDR4 2133Mhz
1TB SSD boot drive - 1TB SATA storage drive
5.1 Surround Sound
34" Dell Ultra Sharp U3415W (3440x 2440)
CH Pro-Pedals, Stick and Throttle
TrackIR-5 Pro