Gents,

I hope this message comes to you in good faith and cheer...

Not anything close to what I do normally or anything to do with aviation ... but my daughter Cayla has become quite a philanthropist over the course of her High School career. She has been involved since 10th grade in something called the The Thirst Project which helps support building deep water wells in Swaziland, Southern Africa. Now in her Senior year and driving for the cause as well as getting accepted into a top University for Marine Biology, she has been elected President our local Thirst Project chapter and has been relentless in her pursuit to help this great cause. The Thirst Project is nation wide in High Schools all across the United States and geared to assists small communities in Swaziland to help build wells for extracting needed water from the ground. At the end of the year, if enough money is generated, she will be able to go there and actually do the work required herself, along with a slew of other kids from across the US. Pretty cool for a 17 year old...

For those that have known me for the past 20 years.. I've never been one to promote BS causes or support anyone's drive to take money from others.. in fact.. I'm so supportive of this that should she reach the goal, my wife and I will be going with her (on our own dime) to help build the wells she was able to raise the funds for.

If anyone is interested in donating to the cause, no amount is too little, or too much... If not, please don't comment or bash the crap out of me.. Lol.

Again, not something I normally do, and my family receives no benefit from this. This is for my daughter who simply has her father's passion for doing good, and helping others (for those that know me personally know I'm a 6 year vet of the West Islip Fire department in Long Island).

If I am breaking forum rules... sorry... not trying to. Just trying to support my daughter and looking to an avenue of guys that I know and could count on.

All the best, and thank you from me, my daughter and the West Islip Thirst Project.

James
'OvS'

Link:
https://my.thirstproject.org/fundraiser/1056550 (Cayla is the one holding the water bottle.)

Last edited by OvStachel; 10/24/17 03:00 PM.

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton