Originally Posted by HarryR
If you think she's fun now, wait 'till you get her RAT out! wink

[Linked Image]

in another 5 years perhaps? P3D? X plane 14? won't be DCS now that we have official statements the VEAO have gone down the tube......

Originally Posted by Jedi Master
You know, nothing fills me with more confidence in airline pilots than the phrase "pilots pulled circuit breakers for giggles."

The Jedi Master

If that's the case.....ED should have pulled VEAO's circuit breaker years ago

Originally Posted by BeachAV8R
Still enjoying the heck out the Hawk. For those clamoring for something relatively easy to get into and fly and fight - this one will be right down your alley. Just a flip of a few switches to get set up and then the rest is down to practice and getting the dive angle and airspeed figured out...

Many thanks to the 476th vFG for making their Air Weapons Range available to the public and to Bunyap for the great tutorial on importing it into DCS World.

thumbsup

Heading down the range for a strafe run...

[Linked Image]

Some bombing practice...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

No CCIP here..just angles and airspeed...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Not bad for the Mark-I Eyeball...

[Linked Image]

Bring on EDGE - but DCS World ugly even at this stage? I don't think so...

[Linked Image]

Still enjoying the heck out of the Hawk?? surely it has been shelved after all these years.......Publish my review at Mudspike, at least it's honest.

Originally Posted by Azshal
Looks good Beach. Can't wait! thumbsup

Let me guess.....You and me are on the same page and you are still waiting?

Originally Posted by Azshal
Looks good Beach. Can't wait! thumbsup

Originally Posted by HarryR
Does it have an Aden cannon?

I think it is planned to have one - right now they are using the Russian UPK-23-250 pod as a stand-in.

BeachAV8R

What about the sounds of the Aden cannon......they have been bawked to this very day.....

Originally Posted by AZAviator
I will purchase the Hawk when it's released.

and seek a refund if you haven't already??

Originally Posted by toonces
That looks really nice. I might have missed it...has a planned release timeframe been announced?

Yep, Approx date is 15 years from today's date, as it will be in P3D, then 5 years later, Dovetail Flightsim World, then X plane 14.

Originally Posted by Snoopy_476th
It was announced but VEAO are working to identify the cause and fix on a blocking bug.

Ah.....bugs have been the root cause for many issues with this module eh?

Originally Posted by scrim
So BAE aren't giving them legal trouble any longer then?

Nope, quite sure the legal trouble has switched from BAE to ED.....has a nice ring to it if I don't say so myself.....

Originally Posted by WinterH
Can't fint the exact post but yes, as far as I recall legal issues with BAE were fixed, and release is pending fixing of a bug right now.

ah....that bug seems to be recurring.....even as far back as 2014. Recurring to the point VEAO released a statement saying they will be holding off on releases now in 2017.

As mentioned, there are still some issues with the landing behavior that the team is working out.

BeachAV8R

Proof that the landing bug is not fixed even in 2017. Where was that in the mudspike review all those years ago?

Originally Posted by scrim
That's good to hear, was afraid legal nonsense would stop a promising looking 3rd party dev.
(in regards to BAE back in the day)

It was never promising,,,,,, Let's be realistic on the situation, it was a flop from the get go.

Originally Posted by Nate
Just Ordered the EFM. Can't wait smile

Nate

Still waiting for something decent hey Nate

Originally Posted by Snoopy_476th
Originally Posted by SkateZilla
Originally Posted by snakels
So Some of the pre-purchase bods will get access to the DL for the HAWK and the rest of us will have to wait until November?

There's also testers.

Yup, I've been testing and flying the Hawk for just over 2 years now.

ah.....is this why you gave up tester status at ED Snoopy? bug reporting on this module became too much?