Greetings All,

For those of you who thought my Farnborough project was madness, well, allow me to quote Bachman-Turner Overdrive: "You ain't seen nothing yet!"

Home between road trips and armed with a plethora of information and photos provided by Shredward, (many thanks Sir), I burnt the midnight oil and have put together the bones of the place. In order to create the "Spiritual Home of the RFC" in WOFF UE it will require seven separate facilities, (Farnborough only took three for those of you keeping score). I have to say that the stars aligned for me in terms of how the whole affair fit into the landscape. I was able to connect up with existing roads with nearly zero adjustments from how things were in the RL St. Omer complex. Here is a screenie showing the skeleton I have thus far, and as a point of reference those are seven Harry Tates lined up in the middle of the racetrack:

(right-click on image and open in new window to view it full size)
[Linked Image]

And here is one of the contemporary photos I am using as a primary source for this project:

[Linked Image]

To say there is a lot of work left on this would be the "Understatement Supreme" but I am pleased with how the thing lays out. I will have to let it sit though for the next few days as I am travelling again to another conference. But I will be back at it on Sunday.

Cheers All!

Lou

Last edited by RAF_Louvert; 06/09/17 03:11 PM. Reason: updated title information

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"