Originally Posted By: jeanba

The additions to the french sector are what convinced me to buy WOFF : UE

An interesting comment, but for you, not surprising! smile

And I would have bought WOFF UE in any case, but as an American customer I thought "Finally!" with the expansion of the French sector.

This may be just me, but as a kid growing up in America in the 1960's, I was reading about the Lafayette Escadrille, and Eddie Rickenbacker and the Hat in the Ring gang. I was all about the American/French angle, not the British. I was interested in Nieuport's and SPAD's, not Camels and SE5's.

Later, I got curious about the British planes, but they were always of secondary interest, although I did get enamored with the Tripehound. But to this day I always feel more attached to my pilot when he is flying for France or the USA.

In any case, "Vive la France" and thanks, OBD, for giving the French sector its dues! salute

French Wish List:
Morane Saulnier N Bullet
SPAD 11

And maybe as part of a retail 2 plane French add-on package we could get some bonus pylons added to:

Bomber version of the Breguet 14 (she could carry about 600 lbs of bombs).
(plus U.S. skins and U.S. squad assignments for the Brequet 14)

Bomber version of the Rumpler C.IV (I think she could carry about 100kg of bombs).

After OBD completes WOTR, I hope they come back with their larger bomber formations from WWII and give us more of that in WOFF UE!

"This story of French bombardment during the brief period when France was the world's greatest air power is virtually unknown in the English speaking world. France not only supplied aircraft to virtually every Allied power in the war, but by the end of the war her air force routinely conducted raids consisting of 100 to 150 bombers against German troop concentrations. These massive raids occurred at a time when the British and Americans had difficulty mustering as many as three-dozen bombers to send against one target."

French Strategic and Tactical Bombardment Forces of WWI, Rene Martel 1939 (Martell served as a French bombardier/observer during WWI)

Can you imagine what it would be like to be a German pilot watching a raid like that coming in as you're patrolling the line?

There's still more of the story to tell in WOFF! smile

Dogfighting is what you do "after" you drop your bombs and blow something up!
Can you say "JABO!" thumbsup