Originally Posted By: Olham
In some PMs with other users we chatted about the possibility of a button for changing the mission type.

WOFF_2 offered a chance to receive a different type of mission, when you pressed the button "Optional Flight".
Maybe you had "Balloon Attack", but didn't want to fly over the lines that day.
So you pressed the button and might receive "Airfield Defense" this time.
The other posters and I quite liked that freedom of choice.

According to the devs, the button though was "broken" in WOFF_2.
Now it is "repaired" - and the function is not the same anymore.
Now you can only change from one "Balloon attack" target to another.

Now I thought:
when there are two buttons there - one for "Optional Flight", and one for "Alternative Target" -
why not make the first one, like it was before - a button for selecting different mission types?

And the other - "Alternative Target" - could perhaps be changed to "Alternative Objective",
and so allow the choice of either different targets, or, when nothing had to get attacked,
different flight paths/areas?

Now, I have no idea how possible or impossible it would be to change that,
but I am sure that many flyers here would like such choice of selection.
What do you think?

+1 I would be all for that. If you want to fly whatever is handed to you, you just wouldn't use the Alternative Objective button. But for those who may not enjoy being handed the same type of mission several times in a row...which, I have no doubt, was probably historically accurate, but may not always be "fun". It would allow WOFF to be enjoyable to a larger audience IMHO. Not sure how hard that would be to code though, but flexibility is always a plus.

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68