Sgt Arthur Much, RFC 16. February 23rd 1916.

Well, we had a bit of a dust up with some Hun 2-seaters today! Really quite ridiculous that we were even chasing them in the first place, if you ask me. We practically landed on their airfield in the process! Well, of course I get all gung-ho and end up rather too close to one of the blighters. His observer fills my old bird with holes and I'm lucky to be able to limp back over the lines and put down. Not so for poor old Stevenson. He bought it I'm afraid. Posthumous credit for one aircraft awarded him. Fat lot of good that'll do him now.

I'm actually sick of this place and I'm not comfortable in this damned Airco thingy. I feel like I'm wide open to getting shot in the bonce! I've put in a transfer request to join my old pal Bertie over in RFC 1. Says he flies a Parasol or some such thing. I thought that was an umbrella! Rum business when you have to start flying about in umbrellas! Oh well, we shall see what's what when we get there. I suspect I'll have to wait a few days for the transfer to come through, but Bertie assures me they are in dire need of some new pilots over there. Not entirely sure that's good news. Oh well, tally ho!

Closing in on an Avaiatik...about to get riddled!

System: i5 8600K @ 3.6GHz,16GB DDR4 @2666MHz. RTX2080, MSI Z370 mobo, Dell 27" G-SYNC @ 144Hz. 2560x1440