Originally Posted By: Robert_Wiggins
Mesurier lead the flight with Hervey, Shook, myself, Huskisson, and Chadwick accompanying. “A” flight sent 3 Strutters for the second bombing run. On the approach to the target we encountered 2 EIII’s crossing our path but they did not attack. Our bombing run was successful and we returned to base unharmed.

YouTube

Just curious, are you flying some of this mission on autopilot? After the bomb drop you look off into the distance for over half a minute but when you turn your head back your plane remains perfectly in formation. I can't look away from my flight for more than a few seconds at a time or I get myself into trouble.

It's interesting to note the difference in viewing style between 'navigators' and 'non-navigators'. My head is never behind the gun, as I am constantly leaning to one side or the other in the cockpit and taking constant peeks down at the ground. Your head stays fixed right behind the gun and almost never looks at the ground.

You do a very good job of spotting aircraft in your area, much better than I manage.