Originally Posted By: Hellshade
Originally Posted By: Nefaro
I used to get the occasional lucky hit, and see an enemy plane tip over and crash into the ground as if the pilot was hit. But in the latest update version(s), It's become much more rare. Been having to unload steadily on them until either their wings all rip off, as you mentioned, or their engine finally gives out and they lazily descend for a crash landing. Like I'm sawing away over long periods.

Typically put about 40 to 80 rounds into one before their engine dies and they cruise to the ground. More than that eventually ends up with the complete wing-popping. Don't see the AI pilots being killed much at all. Dunno if it's WAI or if something was recently changed.

That pretty much sums up my experience as well sir. They don't seem to die very often without pumping a lot of rounds into them and then suddenly they just have total structural failure.

I'd consider modding it, but I have no idea where to even look and I'm sure I'd probably break something.

Maybe we should bring this up in a new thread?

Seems like something changed with the damage modelling recently. Who knows - it may be a bug caused by something else being adjusted.

(For Tech Reference)
i7-4770k Intel Processor @3.5Ghz, 16GB System RAM, GTX760 2GB video, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD (with Win7-64 on it).