I get it guys. You want to permanently kill Aces, but the newspaper thing as I described it would be considerably less difficult to program.

About the only thing OBD would have to keep track of in order to make it work is every time the players kill tally reaches a number equally divisible by 5, they get a newspaper story. When they die, if they have equal to or greater than 5 kills, they get an Ace Obituary. Pull the pilot name, rank, nationality and pic from the bio, paste a standard blurb in and fill in the number of kills the pilot has.

Done.

All of which is already being tracked by the Workshop. No new databases need to be created at all with this and yet additional immersion through pilot glory gets added to the sim.

If the player puts holes in an Aces plane or an Ace puts holes in theirs, they could make it a story if they wanted to track that much. If that was too much of a pain in the ass for them to program, skip it.

Of course this is a Wish List, so folks are absolutely entitled to wish for whatever they would like. But since the Devs stated they will be focusing more on add-on packs at this point, I figured the best chance of anything additional making it into the game would be by keeping it as simple and straightforward as possible.

salute

Flying Wings Over Flanders Fields: Between Heaven & Hell II
videos at www.youtube.com/hellshade68