But first, a low-res Eurofighter video (one of my favorites)...

http://198.65.10.229/DID/Temp/21_Century_Airpower_320.mpeg

Probably on YouTube and in hi-def, with my internet speeds I can't be bothered to check.

++++++++++

On to the maps...

I have a flight sim "fetish" of flying over oil platforms at night. It started with MP's F-117, and then TAW and now EF2000. I remember a surreal moment once in TAW, a pitch black night flying over the northern Red Sea, observing the lights of the many refineries off the Saudi coast, and then seeing flickering lights far below on the sea surface. Dropping down for a closer inspection it was oil platforms burning off excess. Don't know why, it just looked cool as hell, especially under dim room lights (how I play when I'm serious).

So I thought I'd locate some of the oil platforms in EF2000 (please excuse any JPEG compression)...

Jives pretty well with the low-res moving map (blue splotches)...

And this is how I'll continue until all of the many target file items are placed on the map...

Where it's going to get really interesting is locating all the bridges and tunnels, and then mapping out the transportation routes (not sure how I'm going to map road/rail accurately yet, either by finding coordinates in another file or using the moving map for reference).

And then it'll all be cleaned up to create an entire EF2000 Atlas. Thanks again mikew for getting me the information for making maps.

Damn! I had a couple of really good EF2000 nighttime oil platform flyover pics and forgot to upload them, maybe later.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run