Hi all,

First post on these forums, eventhough I've been browsing them for years burnout
Instead of a traditional presentation I thought I might try an AAR.
Noooo, I've just noticed I wrote my nickname wrong when I registered...damn what a retard skyisfalling
Thank you almighty administrator !

This is my very first try at it so I hope you'll like it. If not feel free to bash me as much as you want !
I hope you wont mind the bold text and the local english...

My task consists in a battlefield air interdiction sortie near Sochi-Adler. My target is a concentration of Russian infantry dugged in at the Georgian-Russian border. Should be easy.
I'm taking off from Sukumi with one wingman.
There have been some kind of bug, I actually already did that mission and I thought I was a few mission further in the campaign, I will only realise this later in the mission, that's why my payload isn't appropriate at all !

As I'm taking off I notice my wingman is only starting to taxi and knowing how slowly the AI taxis in DCS I decide to proceed without him.
It's a cloudy day, not ideal. I'll have to fly low and I'll be quite vulnerable to AAA and SAMs.

As I reach the first waypoint I realise this isn't the mission I thought.

My RWR starts to sing indicating me I get painted by a SAM radar.
The encyclopedia isn't really up-to-date and I have no idea what kind of SAM is this.
So I start looking for it with the TGP.

I have my head down in the cockpit, almost glued to the MFCD and I can't find the damn thing.
I come across a SMERCH battery and mark it for later.

I think George W. Bush once said SAMs and Hogs could coexist peacefully...or maybe was it something about fish and human ?
Anyway, I'll soon find out this SAM has no intention to coexist peacefully with me as my RWR starts to scream like crazy anouncing a missile launch.

My blood freezes as I see 2 missiles heading in my direction.
I jump on the chaffs and push the stick forward heading as quickly as I can in direction of the sea.
Pheeew, one missile dive directly into the water. 1 down, 1 left.

Unfortunately the second is still flying directly in my direction.
That's it, the mission just begun and I'm about to go down...

Suddenly it changes direction and start heading into the sky.
I probably flew low enough to brake the radar lock...that was close.

I fly away from the coast but I'm still a bit worried as I see several missiles launch behind me.
I then realise it's the SMERCH I've spotted earlier, nothing to worry about...for the moment.

I finally get that SAM on my TGP.

My plan is simple : make it SPI with my TGP, fly as low as I can, quickly pop up once in range for my mavs, shoot and quicly go down again.

Unfortunately my first try isn't a success as I blow up a few apartments who were on the path.
I didn't took enough altitude. SAM-0, EightBall-0...

I'm taking another shot with a little more altitude, this time the maverick fly high into the sky, way above the buildings.
It seems perfect...but it's not...as the missile hits the command truck right behind the radar...damn 2 mavericks wasted.

Slightly upset by my 2 consecutives failures I don't waste time anymore.
I realign with the SAM and take the shot. I'm too high, I probably won't be able to dodge another missile...so be it.

Dead on target this time ! Ahahah eat that !

End of part 1

Last edited by EightBall; 12/04/12 06:59 PM.