The following is a random Flaming Cliffs 3 AAR taken from the BETA FC3 module and a BETA FC3 Su-25 single mission. As would be expected from a beta product, the screens represent unfinished work, works in progress, and the images from this report may or may not reflect the eventual finished product. With that said – the gameplay in FC3 kicks ass!

Once again – the following are taken from a BETA!

Our Su-25 mission is accompanied by a thorough SITREP and detailed briefing. It is clear what our objectives are and the accompanying map shows the area we should be operating in.

As soon as I get in the Su-25 I’m completely lost. Remember, this is the straight -25, not the -25T! The lack of a MFD or electro-optics screen baffles me. I have my handy iPad at the ready with key commands listed since I’m so lost. It takes me a few minutes to figure out that I need to have the electrical system on before I can start the engines.

Taxiing feels great. Since the Su-25 has the advanced flight model like the –T does, it is so much fun to fly.

The light is a little dim so I turn the cockpit lights on to help me better see the panel…

My wingman falls into step behind me. The poor dude has no idea what an incompetent flight lead he has..

On to the runway I actually remember to extend the takeoff/maneuvering flaps and the trims are all set.

And with a bit of back stick we rotate and wobble slightly into the air..

Ahead of me I can already see the contrail traces of my CAP flight circling enroute to the target area…

I clean up the aircraft and point my nose toward the strike waypoint…