After starting the game, click "Quick battle". In the window that appears, configure the settings as desired. I chose the side of Iraq (1) against Iran (2) and set the default camouflage (19, 20). Proceed to the deployment of forces by clicking on the second button from the left on the bottom panel.

Select the cell around which the battle will take place (left click on it).

Place your subordinates. Select the desired platoon from the list on the left and place it by left-clicking at any point of any green cell. The icon of a man indicates platoons, which the player can control. I placed three T-62 platoons in one cell.

Place enemy forces in the same way by pressing the blue flag. I placed three Chieftain platoons. Push the button with a clock icon (rightmost) and ...

... start the battle by clicking on the fire icon.

Deployment of forces mode. There is currently no need to invent anything, just leave the mess that has turned out after the start. Go to the next mode by pressing the clock on the bottom right panel (or simply Enter).

Initial orders mode. Box select the mess and give the attack order (bottom right panel) somewhere in the enemy cell. Press the "pause" button on the bottom left panel (or Enter).

The battle begins! Initially, we start at commander's place. But enough of the command, so switch to the gunner by pressing F6. Don't lose time, immediately give the order to start loading the gun: select APDS - key 1, start loading - R. Look in sights - V key, switch zoom - Tab, look closer - Backspace. Set battlesight range (1900 m) with mouse wheel or Page Up and Page Down keys. Aim the gun using mouse, fast rotate the turret and gun - cursor arrows. Fire from the gun - left click, coax machinegun - right click. Since you'll be firing within battlesight range, aim at the base of the visible target. The screenshot shows how it approximately should look. If it is hard to aim, you can press E key - short stop - after firing the tank will continue to move.

See also:
Deployment of forces
M60 firing
T-62 firing
Using the rangefinder on the M60
Range determination using the mil-relation formula
Tanks weak spots

Last edited by Krabb; 11/29/12 04:57 PM.