Originally Posted By: Flyboy
Originally Posted By: Recluse
I always turn the TURBULENCE OFF because the insane rocking back and forth is just too annoying. I don't believe the TURBULENCE setting does much more than make you rock from side to side anyway, though, MAYBE there are some wind effects that I never noticed.

Of course there are wind effects! I thought you would have had more faith in the authenticity of LB2 than that! I believe the turbulence actually rocks you from side-to-side, not back-and-forth. Have you really never noticed smoke from destroyed units blowing in a certain direction on a 'windy' mission? And in the 3D cockpit view, have you never launched a Hellfire and had the ignition exhaust smoke blow all over your canopy?

Hmmm in the QUOTE above, I believe I said "Side to Side" after I said Back and Forth. I was looking over my Left Wing Pylon when I said Back and Forth, and straight ahead when I said Side to Side... OK??? pilot

What I meant about wind effects was whether or not there were ADDITIONAL WIND EFFECTS with the Turbulence option turned on vs. Turbulence turned OFF. While I have noticed the wind effects you mention, I don't recall encountering any wind induced buffeting or noticing speed changes due to flying downwind vs. upwind. I believe the briefings DO give you a wind speed and direction.

Long system spec sig follows:

PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
MSI Z490 Plus Motherboard
Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453
Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals