Originally Posted By: Biggles07
Quote:
Wait what? I thought U-571 was a documentary!

And therein lies the problem. 90% of your Country probably thinks so, too! rofl

Point taken (lol), but you can understand people who were actually involved personally and still alive being a bit irked by it....No? smile If you're making a film about a historical event, at least make some effort to contain a bit of truth. A good start would be not blatantly lying about who did it, its the 'little things' like this that can make all the difference. biggrin

RE: 'The Patriot', don't get me effin started. hahaha

I remember a Battle of Britain film was mooted and supposed to star Tom Cruise as 'Billy Fisk'....mercifully it appears to have been shelved. I can see it now.

Fisk: Get me the Goddamn President....Of Britain on the phone!!!

Churchill: Fisk? I don't like this guy....HE'S DANGEROUS. However, we need every swinging d*ck in the air to save Blighty, and this kid is good. He just might swing the balance......

Fisk: You're GODDAMNED RIGHT I'M MUTHA-F*KKIN DANGEROUS!!! Hold tight President Churchill, here comes the Cavalry, tuh save all O' Y'all asses!!! WHOO-HOO!!!

Etc etc....Fisk shoots down 42 Huns and saves Britain single handedly, US audience believes it, you get the picture. biggrin

Classic biggrin

But you forgot the end shot Cruise standing in the sunset, saluting and saying "God bless Amerikee!"

Antec 902 | Intel i7 920 2.66Ghz OC'd to 3.40GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 660 Black Knight 2048MB GDDR5 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | W7 64

"There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." Aristotle