Just a little headsup. There's a new addition to WitE which was released yesterday. Since my time is too limited to start something on the scale of the 1941-45 campaign (or any of the larger campaigns) I went ahead and bought the expansion since it's focused entirely on smaller scenarios. But ...

I am honestly and completely disappointed. The selection of scenarios is slanted in favor of the russians and the force ratio, time limitations and VP allocation is even worse than that - it's blatantly and oviously set in favor of the russians. Not only the AI (even on easy) gets movement and combat values that the real Red Army didn't get until 1944 (they had real problems with distributing information quickly enough to make use of them) so that any kind of attack that doesn't happen in 1941 ends in the equivalent of the tar baby of US folklore.
For example I just played the Cherkassy scenario in which my forces were greatly outnumbered, in a horrible state and virtually incapable of doing anything unless I did something drastic. Well, I ended up withdrawing quickly into defensible positions, merged units which were virtually dead to get some units with at least a bit of combat value and managed to avoid loosing any unit to encirclements. Essentially I stabilized a dramatic situation but the darn victory conditions gave the reds a "major victory" simply because they held towns I could no longer hold. In that particular situation holding onto locations simply for "game values" vs rescuing all of your forces ... Which one should be rated higher, hmmm?

Sorry, but this game has gotten a lot worse. I was already miffed at the german OOB in a straightjacket and the inaccessibility of the production system to the german player, but the game design decisions are getting worse and far more one-sided. screwy

Intel i7 960 @ 3.2 GHz - ASUS Rampage III Gene Republic of Gamers - 6GB RAM OCZ CL7 XTC Platinum PC3-12800 - ZOTAC GeForce GTX 480 - 64GB Crucial RealSSD C300 SATA II - 1TB Western Digital WD1002FAEX SATA II - Creative Soundblaster Xi-Fi Titanium - Windows 7 Professional 64bit