Originally Posted By: Icarus1
Originally Posted By: FIScott
Instead I think that the larger proportion of those daft enough to dip their toes in the toxic swamps of Cliffs of Dover forums are holding their breath for the major update that we all hope will set this game on the road to success. Anything that is perceived (rightly or wrongly) to derail or delay that is an instant target for hostility.

Ok, I'm daft, but you got my interest peaked, so I went over to the toxic swamp. All I saw today was a few in denial drooling over how good it was going to be when/if the patch ever shows. Seems pretty dead over there compared to two months ago. It looks like most have given up like myself.

Firstly I'm sorry I was the cause of your going over there! CoD opinions are prety much all in the trenches and I suspect that if there is an update today and its focus is on a plane for an expansion that hasn't been announced there are going to be numerous (and often unintentionally hilarious) meltdowns from grown men whose toy plane is broke.

I'm interested to see what comes out as much as anybody (actually probably not- I haven't been up since 00.01Hrs hitting my F5 key) but it seems pretty clear to me that for the time being they can't get the game fixed and will have to tinker away until they can. In the meantime the CoD Crazies will gleefully fly their forum fighters instead.

As for me I'm really enjoying RoF at the moment.