It takes about 10 minuts from the release of an update post for the pertinent facts to be lost in a sea of opinions and 'old chestnuts' getting a public roasting again. It is indications like the physics re-work for ground vehicles that actually matter in terms of where the developers are trying to take the sim.

I've pondered (admittedly not extensively due to having a life) the ground vehicles inclusion and by the looks of the clip it reminds me a lot of Red Orchestra/ Darkest Hour. I had many hours enjoyment in those games so if I can do it again at some stage in the future in a decent flightsim I would be happy. I don't think I would be alone in that by any stretch of the imagination and I do not think that the wave of anti tank sentiment is an objection to that concept. Instead I think that the larger proportion of those daft enough to dip their toes in the toxic swamps of Cliffs of Dover forums are holding their breath for the major update that we all hope will set this game on the road to success. Anything that is perceived (rightly or wrongly) to derail or delay that is an instant target for hostility.