Originally Posted By: Biggles07
I agree it would be great if they could make it like RoF does too, with damage causing steam leaks from the engine as well. The vehicles have always had an at least rudimentary physics model. I remember one of the first things I did in the FMB was to set up stationary trucks and strafe them which is always fun....but their behaviour at the time was funny and bizarre (sometimes being blasted 50ft into the air, and unrealistically 50ft along the ground from .303's etc...fuel truck or not). I mentioned this in bug threads at the time.

Ah. Not flown much. I'm one of those that bought the game on "day one" and fires it up ever so often to see if they managed to get it running smooth on Eyefinity. I then turn it of again til the next patch.

Pet peeve is the destroyed vehicles coming to an instant halt, so it's missing that part of the
rudimentary physics. They just appear to replace the whole model with the damaged model on the spot where it was destroyed. No transfer of speed vector. (with a new deceleration added).