Originally Posted By: csThor
Originally Posted By: Avimimus
Originally Posted By: csThor
For starters PR has always been the red-headed stepchild of MG and with Luthier at the helm it's only gotten worse so I guess they don't want to invest more than the bare minimum of time.

Interesting CsThor, we've both been around for a long time - however, my view is a little different: I thought Oleg was usually brilliant in his personal style and PR back in the post-release heyday. Things just deteriorated after 2007...

I don't think this was a company strategy but Oleg's personal style. There was no "conscious thought" behind it, it was more like an instinctual thing since Oleg put too much "blood & sweat" into it. PR-wise Maddox Games was always not particularly creative - we never got more than screenshots and more or less cryptic statements, often less than substantial ones at that. They were never comparable to what Jason does at ROF (which I find most informative and upfront).

Yes, I suppose a lot of it was indeed personal style. He is very charismatic in his own way (in part because we don't always understand what he is saying wink )

Originally Posted By: TROOPER117
Forget Oleg, he's gone, and I don't care one jot that his 'vision' was to have some battlefield 1942 utopia.

Never! Viva la visión! We will see it fulfilled someday!