Originally Posted By: purolator
Is the setup already loaded on the server? When I checked last night it was still the default setup and with the default values I have doubts about the engine lifetime being insufficient for 51 laps.

It's still the default, or was last night. I mentioned to Doug that since this was a fun event, it might be worth considering that the default setup is easier to drive than the one I came up with. Mine was made with the idea we were running open setups...I like a loose car and with the 85's already being an oversteer spin waiting to happen especially under power, it might not be the easiest thing for some people to control.

The default one should last 51 laps...it's only running a boost of 1, so engine temperature's not a concern. The only time I've gotten worried about it is if I'm drafting another car and it redlines with the increase in speed. If it's wanted, or if everyone thinks it's necessary, I can tweak the default one a bit to minimize any reliability concerns and retain the stability it's got...already started to for just those instances.

Sure, it might not be super fast but it's easy to control and with this being a "fun" race, control for everyone's probably the best idea.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it."
"Politicians are like dirty diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason."

Mark Twain

"I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every, single minute of it."