Originally Posted By: Para_Bellum
re: "what if" scenarios

I don't believe that the allies could've continued the war in the current scenario. Keep in mind that I currently have more than 3.000 operational aircraft on the Eastern Front alone and that my pilots are highly experienced. I could easily send a thousand aircraft to North Africa. And take Malta. My crack airlanding division is bored in the Caucasus anyway. And with the fall of the USSR Germany could've changed much of its industry to concentrate on aircraft and submarines. Even the atomic bomb IMO in such a scenario isn't that much of a game-changer. Keep in mind that Germany had developed highly advanced nerve gases which could've acted as a deterrent to a nuclear attack. "You nuke Wilhelmshaven? Then we drop Sarin on London."

Let's be glad this is just a game. And for what it's worth, I don't believe Germany had any chance to actually beat the USSR in WW2, at least not in the way Hitler intended this war to be fought.

Indeed smile

We would have used the bomb as a threat but i dont know if we would have dropped it considering the shift in power once the bear has fallen.Knowing Hitler's total madness though we probably would have been forced to somewhere, i mean what are the options?If he claimed Nth Africa and made the Med an axis sea then things are looking decidely worse for us. Not much chance of a successful invasion when the Germans have such a large force to draw on in the continent.If we could take out the man himself and a bunch of his fawners like Goebells,Goering and Himmler in one fell swoop ala Enola Gay style..who knows.We would virtually have to abandon Europe, maybe just concentrate on knocking Japan out asap so we are not on two fronts.

Still..we had Winnie and he wouldn't go down not swinging , bomb or no bomb biggrin

Look forward to the end of the Eastern Front campaign Para..been a most interesting read.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships