Thanks!

cheers

Turn 50, May 28th 1942

Hey, it's another week of mud, ain't that fun?

pitchafit

In the North the weather conditions don't interfere much with my operations since all my units are already in position and I just need to wait a week or two until I can start destroying the trapped Soviet formations.

The same in the Tula area: the Kessel is still closed tightly, the Russians trapped inside are basically doomed.

Now, what is very unfunny is that the mud stopped my advance on Stalingrad dead in its tracks. The same divisions that could easily cover 100-150 miles a week last turn now struggle to advance more than 20 miles. A week. Besides the annoying delay of the whole operation the mud greatly endangers my spearhead formations. The Red Army is pulling back and while the Don provides for some valuable flank protection to the North the danger of my mobile formations getting cut off is a fact. The Luftwaffe makes great efforts to deliver fuel to the leading divisions but it's nowhere near enough.

Time and time again I'm surprised how good the AI in WitE actually is. Sure, a human opponent would at times be much more aggressive but all in all the AI rarely does something stupid and reacts extremely well to changing situations. I'm very glad that the Red Army simply doesn't have the powerful formations needed to threaten me on an operational level.

In the Crimea/Kuban area operations are greatly helped by the lack of mud, 14th MotInf division advancing to the outskirts of Krasnodar and 12th Panzerdivision capturing the port city of Novorossiysk. The area in front of my divisions seems to be almost void of Soviet troops, but I wonder how I will keep my units in supply over these vast distances.

"It's 600 miles to Baku. Our PzKpfw IV has a full tank of gas, we got half a pack of cigarettes, the sun's shining and we're wearing fancy uniforms. Hit it."

tanksalot

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm