@ Nils: That was...beautiful, man.

grunt

BTW love your work with SB, one of my all-time favourite simulations. Can't wait to play around with 2.6.

yep

Originally Posted By: mcray
Para_Bellum,

What are you looking for on the Crimea ? There's nothing there worth spending much troops, no VPs, no factories, nothing. Once you cross the Don near Rostov (you probably will) and eventually reach the rail line at Krasnodar, the whole of the Crimea gets evac, which means Sevastopol for free. Until then, any fight for Sevastopol is going to be very bloody, SU there has a lot of defensive power with high entrenchement levels.

1.) I wanted to close off the Crimea in order to avoid it becoming a spring board for a Soviet winter offensive into my rear areas of communication.
2.) The best place to seal off the peninsula seemed to be at the isthmus of Feodosiya
3.) I mainly used allied formations to hold the Crimea (plus 2 German infantry divisions) so it's not a big 'waste of ressources'
4.) With the arrival of a LVII Panzerkorps I'll be able to burst out of the Kuban to seriously wreak some havoc in the Caucasus region. Hopefully. wink

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm