Originally Posted By: aleader

Aside from all the flaming here, this is still the main reason I won't buy Steel Beasts. For one, the stubborn rebuff of this crew to bring this sim into the 20th century, and the attitude that graphics are for eye-candy pie-heads. Bought the first one, and the downright comical infantry ruined the whole experience to the point it was taken from my HD.

Recall that infantry sprites in Steel Beasts were industry standard for that generation of games. Panzer Commander- which I never really quite understood at all what people liked - had no infantry at all. M1TP2 and Panzer Elite both had infantry sprites. iPanzer '44 had very crude looking boxes triangles and spheres assembled to sort of look like little army men. They sure weren't sprites, they were worse insofar as how they looked. Of all of them, Steel Beasts is the only product that continues to exist and is still supported by the developer. Think about it. For some strange reason, no one complains about the infantry sprites in M1TP2 and Panzer Elite or their graphical limitations by today's standards. Why? They are dead end products, clearly outdated, the developers have folded up and there is no chance to see anything more than what users can come up with to mod them to the extent that it's possible within the software. Yet people rave about these games though they are very much behind the curve in every possible way- moreso than Steal Beasts. This doesn't make sense to me- Steel Beasts looks and plays better in every possible way. People should be slapping those games down left and right if Steel Beasts is the measure here, but more often than not, they're trying to get them up and running. To each his own, but it sure is inconsistent.

No one gets out of here alive.