Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed our little ride so far.

smile

Here's a shot of the current rail network. It's in rather good shape, with all frontline units in decent supply. I haven't seen much impact of the blizzard on the Reichsbahn guys. Of course them basically sitting on railheads all the time, far from the enemy, most probably helps.

As for the hidden army group: yeah, I still remember only too well how the Red Army created dozens of armies in september/october out of thin air. Still the USSR has suffered some massive casualties (5.2 mio men, 20.000 tanks, 65.000 guns) and lost the important industrial cities and population centres of Leningrad and Moscow, so I'm still rather optimistic that I'll not suddenly run into a wall of well-equipped and well-trained divisions.

@Ajay: that's an interesting AAR, thanks for the link. Of course, this strategy is about as realistic as the "Sir Robin" defence favoured by some Red Army players. wink

BTW I won't be able to do another update for a couple of days since I'll be away from home over the weekend.

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm