Turn 24, November 27th 1941

In the Leningrad sector the taking over of the front line by Finnish troops is completed. They are prepared for winter warfare and are already in decent fortified positions. There's an SS Cavalry brigade an a German infantry division as reserves that should be able to handle local penetrations.

To the South the battle of annihilation in the wake of Westerwald is in full swing. Massive fighting has seen about 2/3 of the trapped Soviet units destroyed, total losses for the Red Army this turn amount to 220.000 men, ~2500 guns and 247 tanks. Both Torzhok and Kalinin are taken! I need one more week to clear out the pocket. All the little tank icons on the map represent the site of a battle.

In the Moscow sector I've succeeded in pushing the Red Army back from the north side of the Oka. With this objective achieved the Panzerdivisions are relocated to Moscow to take shelter in preparation for the winter. There are currently four Panzerdivisions in Moscow with an average strength of ~100 tanks.

The first two reserve infantry divisions are about to reach the front in this sector, much welcomed! Two more will be sent towards Moscow from the Rzhev area next week.

In the central sector of the front not much has happened, mainly a couple of limited attacks to reach a favourable defensive line, including as many smaller towns as possible.

In the south the LII corps with 297th infantry division and 100th Jäger division take Voroshilovgrad after a flanking thrust by 11th and 13th Panzerdivisions.

After this last objective has been secured I will now pull back the Panzer and Motorized divisions towards Stalino.

The Romanian II, IX and the cavalry corps meanwhile have almost cleared all of the northern coast of the Black Sea.

On the Crimea two German and four Romanian divisions have taken positions along the Panther line to hold the isthmus against Soviet attacks from the east.

11th Army with six divisions, among them the crack 7th Fliegerdivision and the 22nd Luftlandedivision have reached the fortress of Sevastopol.

Last edited by Para_Bellum; 05/08/11 07:32 PM.

"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm