Hi,
Simple fact is, after all the comments. the bottom line is as follows :-

Major features that Oleg must have in the Mk1 cockpit to represent the vast majority of Spitfires Mk1 flying in the Battle of Britain, are :-
Two fuel gauges with two press to read buttons
Volts and amps gauges, one above the other.
single tier pedals marked Supermarine
Flaps gauge hole to left of dimmer screen cutout
Two fuel cock levers
Landing Lamp control
Switch to turn lamp on
Large time of trip clock
Elevator trim wheel with rippled edge in greygreen aluminium with black rubber type compound edge.
No red light bottom right.
Aluminium gun button surround (was red but it wore down)
Green lettering is not BoB period but late war or post war !

All recovered spitfire wreckage from BoB crashes show this. Photographing a current RAF owned Spitfire that flew in the BoB is no good as it incorporates all sorts of mods made since 1940. Mods like bakelite seats and plastic inst panels..dont get misled by dates, they didnt make it into service intime to be in the vast majority if not all of the Spits flying. Not one dig has found a plastic panel. X serialed spits had metal ones, so thats K, L, N P and X with metal, X was the last of the production run. If someone can prove that a handful of BoB spits in late October 1940 had one fuel gauge and a small clock, two tier pedals etc, its still wrong that that fact means that we are left to fly a cockpit representing the small minority, we need to be flying K L N P and X aircraft. If anyone has evidence that a BoB spit actually flew in the BoB with the features I have indicated as incorrect I would be interested to read of such. Any aviation archaeologists that have dug up a panel that crashed during the BoB with features differing from my list or with plastic panels or bakelite seats please reply to this thread.

The above list is fact. If this is a serious sim then Oleg needs to get serious about representing the spitfire Mk1 cockpit. Yes they did vary but not to include what he has done. Variations were K and L had a smaller flaps gauge hole and laregr lettering under it, early on the starter button was aluminium but had been revised to the all bakelite one by the time of the BoB. 48 gal gauge was discontinued and a data plate added over the 37 gauge during the BoB. Rotary switch top right became toggle switch. K and L had a camera control on the stbd datum longeron and K L P had coarse/fine pitch knob on port longeron. Early spits had pump action undercariage control. Yes there was no standard tub but the list above is accurate for ALL Mk1 spits. As said if anyone reckons a BoB spit had something different to what I say, back up the claim with evidence. The pilots notes in this thread http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14619 show the correct trim wheel,the larger clock, Flaps gauge hole and Landing lamps switch so Oleg would do well to follow this, I see mention of Spitfire Pilots notes for the Mk1 being supplied to those who buy Cliffs of Dover so if such are these, then comparisons will spot errors.

Can someone make him and the team aware of this list, the means of contacting him are elusive.

BOBC

Last edited by BOBC; 01/27/11 04:48 AM.