Sorry it took so long to get back to this, was pretty busy over the holidays and started a new job right after that.

Discovery about to begin RMS ops. Somewhere over Africa.

Looking out the back port window of the orbiter at Hubble. The RMS controls are below the window, and you can see the RMS arm to the right. It hasn't been deployed yet.

Deploying the RMS arm.

Setting up the camera and flood lights.

When the arm is first deployed, a REACH LIM alert is generated. This means I have to manually move the arm one limb at a time back into the soft stop limits. This can also happen when you are trying to grapple something and move the Canadarm to its limits, but this Hubble grapple should be relatively easy and I don't anticipate that.

Starting to move the arm. I'm going to put the end effector roughly over the center of the payload bay, move the end effector to the proper angle, and then use the EE camera to guide it to the port Hubble grapple target.

A great view of the earth when I look up in the middle of maneuvering the Canadarm.

A view from the EE camera as I move the arm into position.

And off the west coast of Australia, "RMS capture, Houston!" On my first try too. smile

vertical

i7 2.4 GHz (turboup to 3.4 GHz)
Nvidia 650M 1GB
8 GB RAM
256 GB SSD

Saitek X52 & CH Pedals

Pulling the eject handle since discovering F-19 Stealth Fighter on a second hand PC.