Greetings

I’ve been lurking in this forum ever since Cas141 posted a thread about Wings of War in the Battle of Britain forum about a week or two ago. I’ve waited until now to post because I’ve never really visited this forum before and I wanted to do my homework first to find out what exactly was going on here. I had noticed the Knights Over Europe forum before while scrolling down SimHQ’s forum home page, but, to be honest, I never really gave it much thought. I thought, “Oh, it must be a forum for some old game that I’ve never heard of before”. Boy, was I wrong! I’m now very sorry that I never took the time to come in here before. I had no idea that this forum was for a new WWI sim (I’ve been looking for one of those for a couple years now) that hadn’t even been released yet and was still in the development stage. I must say that I’ve found the discussions going on here to be utterly fascinating. However, I was deeply saddened to discover that KOE has been, for lack of a better term, “indefinitely postponed”. But then along comes Wings of War. As I said, I’ve done my homework so I’m aware that WoW is a game and not a sim despite the fact that I don’t even own it yet. I have, however, ordered it from EBgames.com and it has been shipped but not yet delivered. I’m practically foaming at the mouth to get my hands on this thing; especially after reading everyone’s description of it. What amazes me even further is that WoW was just released (in the U.S., that is) a few days ago and most retailers don’t even have it in stock yet, but already the community has begun to mod it(!); which brings me (finally) to the topic of this thread: Modding WoW.

To my knowledge, there have been three “mods” created so far for WoW, right? A cheat to make all flyable aircraft available to the player in Instant Action, a no-CD crack, and a way to get rid of the rockets, am I missing any? I have a question or two regarding the no-CD crack: No-CD cracks usually have .exe file extensions. The file I downloaded from here has a .rar extension. Did I download the right file? If so, it didn’t come with any instructions. What do I do with it?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Tattered Boots

P.S. I would just like to say that I think what the community has done so far is most impressive and, moreover, I hope it’s a sign of things to come. \:\)