Lexx,

You've been making pot shots at everyone on here for two days now. Do you want to debate me or just throw adolescent insults?

You talk about programming better 'AI' and then when pressed about how to do it you say that the mission builders should script it. Now you want it both ways - you want the AI to control aircraft in some posts and you want people to control them in others. And you say I don't have a consistent vision here?

Yes - it is true that IBM's Kasparov Chess computer is good. It is as good as Kasparov. I think they split games the last time they played. But you take that a step further and say it isn't a fair comparision. Come on now! Flight combat is exponentially more complex than a chess game. How can it NOT be a fair comparison. Because Kasparov is good? He's still human. We have people in our community that are awefully good at flight sims. Can you make AI better than it is? Yes, you can. But can you make it truly challenging? It sounds like you've given up that part of your argument though. Now you just want it scripted.

I can find every bad debate tactic in your posts. Have you heard of 'Ad Hominum' techniques? That's when you can't attack your opponent's position so you attack your opponent instead. You say things like 'But why do we see a contradiction in WallDog...' or ' Yes. WallDog claims to be an "IT professional" and his/her ideas are related to that area of networked computing, not that there is anything wrong with that, but why the desire of "IT Pro" to eliminate private flight simming in one's home?' or better yet 'Today, Online AI aircraft use the same AI programming as offline AI programming (a point missed by WallDog).' That's just a handful of them. There are more. And every single one of them intentionally misrepresents my position. You aren't even arguing with me. First you misquote me to make me sound like I'm saying something other than what I am, and then you argue with that misquote.

Come on Lexx. Do you want to debate, or just make childish attacks? The rest of us are trying to have a rational discussion about the future of the flight simulation community. All you are doing is taking pot-shots at people.