Well Lexx_Luthor don't blame Wall-dog for this quote:
Quote:
I've come to the personal realization that I'm willing to sacrifice some "ultimate realism" in one category or another, if a sim has that overall balance, and represents eminent playability.
Those are my words. ;\)

The issue we're talking about here is the degree of difficulty needed to fly an "ultimate realism" FM on a PC, as opposed to a "realistic" FM.

Until we get hardware and coding that enables us to experience 3D surround-visuals, surround-sound ambients, g-force pressure for our posteriors (as well as the rest of our body), realistic force-feedback, stall buffeting...........and all programmed to work for everyone's system, no one is going to be flying the "ultimate realism" flight sim...........in fact I think this is why Wall-dog mentioned the following concept in another one of his thread here:

Quote:
Everyone has seen the NASCAR simulators in some of the malls? You sit in them for like $5 and drive against others. These simulators have hydraulics, wrap-around screens, etc. and really give the feeling of driving in NASCAR.

Why not offer the same thing with WWI aircraft in combat?

The mall simulators would be just a part of the project though. Really, what I see is making TWO WWI Flight Simulators. One would be for use in malls and would have hydraulics, etc. The other one would be a computer program sold for home use.
If you want all the "hard-realism" in your flight sim experience that comes with the real world, then it will have to be realistically servicable from a hardware/software point of view too, in the meantime we'll be staring at these flat screens of ours until that day arrives.